Ingest Time Functions
Ingest time functions are evaluated on a stream during ingestion & can be used for data enrichment, redaction, log reduction, compliance, etc.
Ingest time function is defined using lua script & act on an individual record (row) , hence by default row is input to lua function being defined.
While defining ingest time function, one has to :
- toggle On 'Is Ingest Time Function?' control
- select stream name , from listed streams
- specify function name
- provide script defining behaviour of function , as mentioned above row is input to lua script being defined
- order of the function , the functions application be a stream are applied in order starting with lowest order to highest order.For eg: for a stream named 'demo' lets assume there are two ingest time functions :
- function 1 with order as 1
- function 2 with order as 2
During ingestion function 1 will be applied to 'demo' as it has lower order 1 , as compared to function 2 with order 2